Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented junior embedded systems reverse engineer to join a diverse team creating unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The National Intelligence Department (NID) provides innovative technical solutions to multiple customers in the following areas: technical data analysis, modeling and simulation, HW/SW development, system exploitation, and RF system design. The NID is looking for highly motivated, qualified engineers to support HW/SW reverse engineering (RE) and vulnerability research (VR) activities against a variety of specialized hardware (e.g. embedded systems, IoT devices, etc.).
The selected candidate will work on Dynetics and customer-sponsored research and development projects with a focus on reverse engineering and vulnerability research.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field and meet some of the minimum qualifications mentioned.
- Familiarity with static software reverse engineering tools IDA Pro, Ghidra, or Binary Ninja
- Familiarity with dynamic software reverse engineering tools and techniques
- Knowledge of assembly languages including x86, ARM, PPC
- Protocol analysis, decoding, and reverse engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Python experience
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system and bash
- 3 to 5 years’ experience and meet the minimum qualifications along with some of the desired skills.
Highly desired skills include:
- Dynamic analysis tools such as Frida
- C and C++ reverse engineering
- Java software reverse engineering using JADX or JEB
- Android application reverse engineering
- Android kernel reverse engineering and/or vulnerability research experience
- Android rooting techniques
- Emulation tools such as Qemu and Unicorn
- Knowledge of fuzzing techniques
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.