Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be a working manager responsible for supervising a team of digital design engineers while contributing to system development programs for internal and external customers. As a manager, the individual will develop and grow their team to support organizational objectives with an emphasis on scaling and quality improvement. As a technical contributor or leader, the individual will support a variety of programs to develop electronic assemblies integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems. The individual will be expected to manage their time and priorities effectively to ensure both project and organizational success.
The individual must be a self-starter with strong technical skills and a proven history of technical leadership. The individual must also have excellent communication skills and a desire to build and develop a team to tackle challenging technical problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to develop team members
- Develop strong working relationships with team members to meet productivity and retention goals
- Scale the team by identifying hiring needs, writing job postings, coordinating screening of applicants, interviewing on-site, and making hiring recommendations
- Develop embedded systems utilizing FPGAs or SoCs to meet system requirements
- Implement complex algorithms in VHDL targeting FPGAs/SoCs
- Provide design input to printed circuit board (PCB) designers during development of custom hardware utilizing FPGAs/SoCs
- Propose and implement ideas to improve organizational quality, agility, and capability with an emphasis on quality improvement
- Support organizational business development goals and initiatives by providing technical input to proposals
- Perform necessary reporting, approvals, and other administrative tasks including weekly project status reports for senior management
- Provide technical input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution
- Candidate must have 5+ years of experience in embedded system design and test from architecture through implementation and hardware test
- Candidate must have 2+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Candidate must have experience with technical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to decompose system-level considerations (i.e. requirements) to lower design levels
- Candidate must have proven experience with hardware description languages such as VHDL or Verilog
- Candidate must have experience with common communication protocols such as: UART, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN bus, etc.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have strong presentation/briefing skills
- Position requires candidate to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Personnel management including hiring, employee development, and staffing coordination
- Leading technical teams utilizing Agile Scrum methods
- Evaluating and implementing processes improvement initiatives
- Project management including cost/schedule oversight and status reporting
- Business development activities including developing briefings, white papers, and proposals
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.