Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
In support of the division, the individual will perform Mechanical Engineer functions for the team involved with design and development of advanced technology military missile systems and subsystems. The position will have responsibility for design for flight structures and mass optimization studies. This role will contribute to all phases of design for manufacturability, assembly optimization, and electronic packaging.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering required.
- 5 years demonstrated design experience in a parametric 3D CAD package (PTC Creo preferred).
- Experience drawing and reviewing mechanical drawings to ASME Y14 standards.
- Design for flight structures and mass optimization studies required.
- Design for manufacturability and assembly optimization.
- Design for electronics packaging.
- Bill of Material development and component specification composition.
- Contribute to all phases of a development cycle: planning, design and development, implementation, test and delivery.
- Experience participating in multidisciplinary teams of engineers and domain specialists developing flight vehicles.
- Experience working at / with National Labs
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or DOE L Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.