With offices across the Unites States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics, provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions. Currently Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos is seeking a talented Space Systems Focused Cyber Engineer in Huntsville, AL to create unique solutions for complex problems in security engineering and space domains.
Selected candidate will perform vulnerability research of protocols, software, and hardware technology used in small satellites. Candidate will develop novel security solutions for space based systems for existing DoD customer.
Candidate will work in a team of developers, engineers, and analysts to address growing concerns of cyber security in highly networked space based systems.
The selected candidate will also support internal research and development relating to defensive cyber operations. The research and development will support Dynetics programs and new business areas in the defense, intelligence, commercial, and civil markets.
The selected candidate will work on customer-sponsored research and development projects developing defensive cyber security solutions for space based systems.
- Developing new algorithms used in IDS/IPS systems to detect malicious behavior on all satellite communication paths (bus, ground station, and/or constellation).
- Development of offensive and defensive cyber tools focused on satellite protocols (e.g. CCSDS-SPP)
- Vulnerability discover and exploit development of operating systems and flight software used by small satellites.
- Researching current and future cyber security threats against space assets
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field and 2+ years of experience including some of the topics below:
- Should have firm knowledge of small satellite design including typical hardware and software components
- Prior experience programming flight and/or ground station software for space based systems
- Familiar with satellite and ground station simulation software (e.g. COSMOS and OpenSatKit)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, such as Python and C++
- Candidate should be familiar with cyber security concerns and defensive technologies
- Candidate must be a resident near Huntsville, Alabama or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama area
- 8+ years of relevant experinece preferred
- Prior experience with cyber security attack detection and/or exploit development
- Experience and interest in fundamental networking implementations and concepts, including basic LAN and WAN networking skills
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps tools and pipelines (e.g. Atlassian suite)
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.