Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Software Engineer will design, develop, test and integrate software for a real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulator for testing guided munitions. Software developed by the candidate will include application software, device drivers, user interfaces, instrumentation systems and real-time 6DOF simulations. This position requires the ability to work with a team to understand and perform all aspects of software design, development, and testing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with flexibility and skill set to transition between multiple high level and low level software tasks. This position will provide project end-to-end capability including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation using both traditional and agile software development methods.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least three years of software development experience.
- The candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of object oriented programming as well as experience in software design and debugging.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in software development in C/C++.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively collaborating within an agile team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the Fort Walton Beach, FL Area or willing to relocate to the Fort Walton Beach, FL Area.
- Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Languages and tools of interest include (C, C++) using Qt, Enterprise Architect, and SysML.
- Broad experience in software languages, platforms, and development environments.
- Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.