Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a System Administrator to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics, Inc. provides cost-effective engineering, and responsive scientific IT solutions.
The chosen candidate for this role is expected to establish positive working relationships with other team members and system users. The System Administrator will report to the Cybersecurity Section Manager (CSM) at the Dynetics Colorado Springs location. Primary duties:
- Maintain components of the Microsoft Windows environments; servers, workstations and the associated hardware/software and firmware.
- Provide customer support and basic troubleshooting at a Tier 1 & 2 level.
- Install and provide support for components, including; network devices, and other peripherals of the system.
- Install operating system upgrades and patch bundles.
- Coordinate with Information System Security Officer (ISSO) during periodic system checks such as; user access, password changes, antivirus updates, etc.
- Execute instructions and procedures found in system security lockdown guidance (ex. NIST, NSA and DISA STIGs)
- Creates instructional documentation and procedures for customers or other team members to utilize for troubleshooting purposes.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related Information Technology degree program.
- 5 years of direct relevant experience can be substituted in lieu of BS degree.
- 3 to 5 years of experience administering Microsoft Windows in a classified environment.
- SIPRNet and COMSEC experience is required.
- Operating system command-line tools such as PowerShell, Batch Scripts.
- Understand Virtualization technologies such as VSphere and VMWare.
- Experience with cybersecurity principles and DoD/Army requirements with regard to systems operating in a tactical environment.
- Candidate will be required to obtain DoD 8570.01-M certification requirements IAT Level II within six months of hire date.
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment supporting a diverse customer base comprised of engineers, analysts, developers, and specialists.
- Some travel is required, expected to be up to 20%
- Must be able to support travel and occasional “off hours” fieldwork.
· Candidate must be a resident of the Colorado Springs, CO area or willing to relocate to the Colorado Springs, CO area.
- Experience with DoD customers and requirements, primarily the US Army.
- Familiarization with the DoD authorization process (Risk Management Framework) is a plus.
- Familiarization with Linux system administration is also a plus.
Additional qualifications that will be considered are:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Windows 10
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.