Spire Manufacturing is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking talented CNC Programmer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The CNC Programmer will be responsible for:
- Creation & Validation of CNC programs for full 5 axis milling machines.
- Creation of Tooling Control Sheets to document setup & operation.
- Support of legacy programs including program edits, revision control, etc.
- Support shop floor in development & running of First Article.
- Support Maintenance & Production with troubleshooting of machinery & tooling.
- Manage selection of cutting tools & holders.
- Support continuous improvement & cost saving initiatives related to 5 Axis operations.
- Support Process Engineering in quotation & estimation of run times.
- Provide input on technical requirements of 5X Capital Equipment selection.
- Execute a "Zero Defects" & "Right First time" culture within the 5 Axis Department.
- Propose Operational Excellence & Continuous Improvements to management.
- Provide Root Cause & Corrective Action (RCCA) support within the 5 Axis Programming work scope as well as the production operations within 5 Axis.
- Act as Lead 5 Axis Programmer providing technical guidance and decision making for less experienced programmers.
- Responsible for entire 5 Axis Programming deliverables, meeting all objectives laid out by Management Team. Provide status updates as needed.
- Adhere to company EH & S policies & extend culture throughout department.
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility
- High School Diploma
- 10+ years in hands on CNC Machining
- 5+ in CNC Programming
- Knowledge of materials and modern cutting techniques as well as advanced toolpath strategies & the ability to leverage them effectively
- Knowledge and understanding of AS9100, NADCAP and other Quality System requirements.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Knowledge in 5 Axis Mill CAM software (Mastercam preferred)
- Candidate must be able to work 1st shift with work hours from 7:00a-4:30p.
- Candidate must be a resident of CoS, CO area or willing to relocate to CoS, Colorado, CO area.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the hourly range for this role is $30 to $50r; however, Dynetics considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Lathes, mills, 5 axis machines, and mill turn machines
- Lean Six Sigma Training
- Technical College, Apprenticeship or some College preferred
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- HSA / FSA
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.