Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Model-Based Systems Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Model-Based Systems Engineer will develop requirements specifications derived from customer needs for product development programs associated with the DoD, DARPA, NASA, and commercial applications. The selected candidate will interface with program management and design engineers to support a program’s systems engineering needs throughout its design life cycle, including modeling system behavior, defining the system architecture, dictating system interfaces, performing requirements verification, helping develop test programs, and maintaining configuration management. The selected candidate may present the systems engineering artifacts they have developed to the customer in formal design reviews and may serve as a customer liaison in many of their programs.
The Model-Based Systems Engineer will work in a matrixed organization at Dynetics, supporting multiple programs at once in a variety of engineering fields with all different team environments, from the large-scale programs that Dynetics is the prime contractor for, like the Hypersonics Weapons Program and High Energy Laser Program, to smaller-scale programs for which Dynetics provides support as a subcontractor to companies in the top 100 DoD contractors. The candidate will join a diverse team of other systems engineers and model-based systems engineers within Dynetics and have the opportunity to work on programs from their preferred background, as well as challenge themselves by working on programs outside of their expertise.
- Candidate must have experience with Cameo/MagicDraw, Rhapsody, and/or other system modeling tools.
- SysML experience in developing Block Definition Diagrams (BDDs), Internal Block Diagrams (IBDs), Activity Diagrams, and others.
- Candidate must have experience modeling a system using the Object-Oriented SE Method (OOSEM) or MagicGrid methodologies.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical/engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidates must have at least three (3) years of experience supporting DoD, NASA, or commercial programs as a systems engineer or model-based systems engineer.
- Candidate must have experience in deriving requirements for complex electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Object Management Group (OMG) Certified System Modeler Professional (OCSMP) certification - any level
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional Certification (ASEP or CSEP)
- A detailed understanding of the top-down systems engineering process for architecture development and bottoms-up verification
- Thorough understanding of the DoD acquisition processes and methods
- Experience supporting DoD, NASA, or DARPA programs
- Experience performing risk management, test planning, and/or proposal development
- Experience shaping and executing business development efforts
- Experience with DOORS and/or other requirements database tools.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.