Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented, self-motivated Aircraft Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join a team developing simulations for UAV embedded systems, sensors, and training applications. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will develop simulations of various types of atmospheric flight platforms (unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), manned aircraft, fixed-wing, rotorcraft, munitions, etc).
- Develop modular aircraft dynamics models based on first principles for use in performance analysis and operator training
- Support UAV design, development, analysis, and test
- Design and test simulation interface with executive flight software and hardware (HILSIM)
Near-term activities will focus on modeling and simulation of aircraft dynamics. The role may grow to include systems engineering and flight test support. Projects may address both new and existing air vehicles. This position may require travel for meetings and test events.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related field, from an ABET accredited school.
· Candidate must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher OR a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Candidate must have basic familiarity with aircraft systems and integration as they relate to simulation development and/or interfaces for hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Candidate must possess knowledge of aircraft modeling and simulation development from first principles. This includes rigid-body dynamics as well as modeling aircraft subsystems, such as sensors, actuators, propulsion, and electrical power.
- Candidate must have some experience with C++ programming to support incorporation of flight software in software-in-the-loop applications.
- Candidate must have experience with Matlab and Simulink.
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to occasionally take on other tasks as project needs necessitate.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama area.
- Communication and inter-personal skills are required, as the successful candidate must function effectively in a team environment and interact with program stake-holders.
The following skill sets are also desired and will strengthen a candidate's potential for selection:
- Experience with Hardware in the loop simulation (HWIL Simulation)
- Systems engineering experience and ability to develop system requirements
- UAS operations
- Ground and flight test operations
- A passion for aviation, private/commercial piloting experience, and RC/UAS piloting experience are a plus.
- Master’s degree in a relevant/related field
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.