Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) will be responsible for supporting our Collateral Classified Information System Program. The ISSO will report to the Huntsville Information System Security Manager (ISSM) on all aspects of classified information system security compliance. The ISSO's primary duties will consist of managing the day-to-day compliance of our classified information systems by:
- Auditing information systems to ensure compliance with security policies and procedures while reporting any discrepancies to the ISSM or FSO.
- Performing Continous Monitoring (ConMon) activities as required by frequency.
- Perform Security Impact Analysis (SIA) as part of CCB approvals.
- Managing user access and conducting user briefings as required.
- Assisting in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization process by developing and maintaining artifacts for the IS Body of Evidence (BoE).
- Ensuring Configuration Management (CM) of all associated hardware, software, and security relevant functions is maintained and documented.
- Assisting with sanitization and release of hardware in accordance with security policies or Authorizing Official (AO) guidance.
- Testing/evaluation and application of required technical security controls including performing certification tests and periodic inspections of information systems.
- Assisting with classified spills/incident response or other security-related incidents.
- Position will require Associates degree (minimum), Bachelor's degree (preferred) in computer-related discipline, with a minimum of 5+ years of applicable ISSO experience
- Candidate must demonstrate experience interpreting and applying government security regulations such as NISPOM, JSIG, ICDs to information systems while performing basic troubleshooting methods, risk management, and information system security principles on a routine basis.
- Experience with security configurations across multiple operating systems in various environments, to include Windows, Linux, UNIX, utilizing Active Directory/Group Policy, Centrify, etc. is required.
- Candidate must be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent documentation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Candidate should be able to communicate effectively with customers and team members at all levels.
- Candidate with IT (Windows, Linux) and/or security related certifications (Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) is preferred.
- Candidate will be required to obtain an approved DoDD 8140 (DoD 8570.01) IAM Level I certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Candidate with experience in eMASS application is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance and meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.