In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex aerospace problems. The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing advanced electrical and computer applications and must be able to:
- Design electrical architecture and integrated systems for real-time, mission-critical systems including flight systems, sensors, ground vehicles, and space hardware.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, customers, and team members to determine and develop hardware and software requirements.
- Contribute to system hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements (including build/buy trades).
- Document design and requirements for customer approval and engineering development.
- Lead hardware design/review/build cycles for quick-turn prototypes and transition prototypes into low-rate production.
- Design, fabricate, and integrate aircraft and ground systems, payloads, and instrumentation.
- Support task execution including electrical system design (including UAS and Counter-UAS), UAS payload integration, space hardware, HWIL simulations, electrical lab equipment usage, and overall project systems engineering.
Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a minimum of 3+ years of experience required.
Candidate must demonstrate capabilities in one or more of the following:
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Candidate must also be a US Citizen and be located in (or willing to relocate to) the Huntsville area.
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA.
Candidate desired skills include one or more of the following:
Parts selection, electrical schematic capture and harness design experience
Military interconnects and interfaces experience
Understanding of circuit schematic capture, PCB layout design and manufacturing experience
Sensor instrumentation: acceleration, velocity, position, pressure
Radio communication links and GPS/INS systems
Hardware/software/firmware interface design
Integration and test experience
Candidates with previous experience working in a team environment are preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.