Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detailed-oriented problem-solver to serve as Aerothermal Engineer to support the continued development of a Thermal Protection System as part of the Nation’s leading Hypersonic Production Program conducted within Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As an integral member of the TPS Production Team, the successful candidate will serve as an Aerothermal Engineering Analyst to perform aerothermal analysis and design of complex thermal protection system (TPS) technologies to include development of aerothermal environments and assessment of corresponding material ablation and in-depth thermal performance supporting hypersonic missile and flight vehicle system development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineer or Computer Science with 2 plus years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the use of finite element or finite difference analysis methods to conduct component and system level transient thermal analysis (ABAQUS, ANSYS, Thermal Desktop, Sinda, NASTRAN, PATRAN, etc.).
- Experience with analytic methodologies and/or full Navier-Stokes computational fluid dynamics (CFD) codes to characterize hypersonic aerothermal flow field environments.
- Experience with Loci/CHEM, CART3D, Pointwise, CFD++, or similar computational tools.
- Ability to perform design of experiments to support aerothermal test and evaluation to include test plan development, data collection, and post-test analysis and documentation.
- Experience with the Aeroheating and Thermal Analysis Code (ATAC) or similar thermal analysis tools (MINIVER, CBAERO).
- Exposure to fields tightly coupled with aerothermodynamics such as trajectory analysis, aerodynamics or structures.
- Knowledge of TPS technology physics to include ablation, decomposition, mechanical erosion, and conduction.
- Knowledge of aerothermal test facilities including high enthalpy arc heaters, radiant test facilities, blow-down facilities, and sled test facilities.
- Organize and maintain engineering records (such as System Requirements, BOM, rationale, methods of manufacturing, procedures, etc.)
- Performs other related job duties as required
- Travel as required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master's degree or higher preferred.
- A current Top Secret/SSBI Clearance
- Project Management skills
- Experience in team leadership
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Experience working in manufacturing or production environment
- Experience with TDP analysis
- Experience with GD&T
- Structural and thermo-structural knowledge and analysis capability is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.