In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Unmanned Systems (UxS) Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics is seeking an energetic candidate looking to tackle challenging problems in the unmanned systems (UxS) field, particularly unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) both large and small. The successful candidate will take on a wide variety of tasks and roles throughout the development process, including ideation, analysis, simulation, ground testing, troubleshooting, and flight testing.
Projects utilize a range of technologies, from commercial/hobby/open-source parts to tactical systems and custom-developed solutions, and often require hands-on experimentation. A system-level perspective will permit the candidate to effectively work with a multidisciplinary team to bring innovative concepts to reality while applying engineering discipline, rigor, and judgement.
There will be opportunities for leadership for a candidate with a demonstrated ability to guide teams and communicate effectively with various stakeholders, including technical experts, chief engineers, managers, executives, vendors, subcontractors, and customers. Every day will bring new challenges, require innovative problem solving and critical thinking, and help develop cutting edge and meaningful solutions in the UxS field.
· BS in engineering or related discipline and 3.0+ GPA
· 0-5+ years of professional experience
· Practical experience with aviation, UAS / drones, flight testing, autonomous systems, or robotics
· Passion for solving hard problems with creative solutions
· Ability to operate and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team setting
· Time management skills to manage simultaneous tasks
· Effective written and spoken communication skills
· Advanced degree is a plus
· 3.5+ GPA preferred
· Experience with experimental or prototype systems, tactical UAS or robotic systems, or commercial and hobby drones, including open-source software, are all major plusses
· Guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) experience is a plus
· Embedded software development experience is a plus
· Modeling & Simulation (including hardware/software-in-the-loop) experience a plus
· Possessing a Remote Pilot (FAA Part 107) certificate is a plus
· Matlab & Simulink experience is a plus
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.