Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. The position will work directly with the manufacture and testing of space flight hardware.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide manufacturing engineering for production of and assembly processes.
- Responsible for developing tooling concepts required for manufacturing and for coordinating with the tooling team on design and fabrication.
- Creation of work instructions and work orders for the production processes/assemblies.
- Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering oversight and input during the fabrication and assembly process.
- Provide technical expertise into the design of the components and assemblies to maximize first time quality level and minimize cost.
- Provide support to root cause manufacturing issues in development and production.
- Evaluate alternative manufacturing and assembly processes to improve quality and cost.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must have experience with creating manufacturing processes and assembly processes.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience developing new hardware and new program startup operations
- Candidate must have experience with training technicians and others in the correct build techniques.
- Candidate must have experience with the use of process failure modes analysis techniques to reduce risk to the manufacturing process.
- Candidate must have experience with post-machining surface treatment process, e.g., aluminum anodizing.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preferred candidates will also meet some of the following:
- Experience working with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience working with Solumina, SAP, or other manufacturing execution systems.
- Experience with NDT processes, Dye Pen and Radiography.
- GD&T training
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.