In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will join a talented team for a variety of commercial, NASA, and defense projects. In this role, you will be a key contributor for products that keep astronauts safe and protect soldiers on the battlefield. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. Dynetics is well known for our people-oriented culture, positive work environment, technical excellence, and resilient business ethics. Individuals with previous software quality assurance experience are preferred. Individuals with a software engineering background will also be considered, with on-the-job training provided by a senior Dynetics Senior Software Quality Assurance engineer.
This position will perform software process assurance and software product assurance on various programs to meet NASA and Department of Defense software quality assurance standards. Tasks include: participating as an agile team member to provide process assurance, gathering metrics data, analyzing metrics data for trends, identifying process and product deficiencies, working with the agile team to correct systemic issues, assuring completeness by performing trace table reviews, conducting software test readiness reviews, and witnessing testing, and helping to develop and improve software quality assurance plans and procedures.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Candidate must have 2+ years of relevant technical experience with a BS degree or 1+ years of experience with a MS degree.
1. Must demonstrate basic competency in software development including C, C++, or Ada.
2. Must have the drive for details, continuous improvement, and quality workmanship are a must.
3. Must demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
4. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Must have the ability to affect outcomes including the ability to persuade on technical topics.
6. Must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity at the individual level that conform to Dynetics’ Code of Ethics.
7. Must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
8. Must have the ability to affect outcomes including the ability to persuade on technical topics.
9. Must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity at the individual level that conform to Dynetics’ Code of Ethics.
10. Candidate must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
Familiar with software and software quality assurance standards including NASA Standards NASA-STD-8739.8A, NPR 7150.2C, RTCA DO-178C, or IEEE Std 730-2014.
Three or more years experience developing mission or safety critical software systems is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.