Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented All source analyst/Chinese linguist to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving foreign weapons systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Job responsibilities/focus areas include:
- All-source intelligence analysis of advanced foreign threat systems with a focus in technical areas related to sensors, missiles, and concept of operations. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: research for military and weapons systems, catalog open-source material in country-specific databases, resolve source discrepancies, and establish intelligence gaps to influence collection requirements.
- Writing briefings, papers, and reports to reflect all-source intelligence analysis and assessments of foreign threat systems in a clear and concise manner. Present briefing material to external customers.
- Work directly with an internal technical team and external customers to provide the most reliable, up-to-date all-source analysis on foreign threat systems.
- Provide foreign language translation assistance on all-source material deemed relevant by the technical staff.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in National Security, International Studies, Language Studies or a related degree.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience is required. More experienced candidates will be considered if they meet the entire set of qualifications listed.
- Candidate must possess interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail, and have the desire to work with a highly focused technical team. Candidate must be detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must also possess basic to intermediate proficiency in Chinese and have experience with foreign language machine translation software such as SYSTRAN or Trados. Candidate must have the ability to search key technical terms in Chinese.
- A strong candidate for this position must possess professional proficiency in Chinese for collaborative work with senior linguists.
- A background in scientific, technical, and/or military translation from Chinese to English is also desired.
- Candidate must be a US citizen, and must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.