Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Systems Administrator III to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The SSC Engineering Support team at Stennis Space Center currently has an opening for a System Administrator III at NASA’s SSC office in Stennis Mississippi. This is a great opportunity to be involved with NASA and the upcoming missions for the Space program.
The applicant will be required to perform System Administration duties on Linux and/or Windows Servers and workstations. Operating system upgrades are a required skill with abilities to patch and harden Operating Systems against cyber-attacks. Data export and import skills are needed to support the NASA IMPACT project. The applicant must be able to schedule and perform backups and restores of data when needed. Other duties will be added as projects progress through the life cycle.
- Provide System Administration support including troubleshooting and maintenance of existing systems and development and installation of new systems.
- Monitor the performance of servers, software, and hardware
- Participate in security incident handling and response; participate in the mitigation and remediation of security vulnerabilities affecting host workstations/servers, provide detailed system analysis as required for incident.
- Monitor security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies, investigate and/or escalate security violations, and document and report events.
- Provide guidance to other system administrators in the securing of systems to NASA requirements.
- Provide Wireless Network security assessments and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems security, networks, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of experience in systems administration or systems operations and/or network operations/support
- Must possess a solid understanding of Systems Administration including computer hardware configuration, desktop and server configuration, Windows desktop and server configuration, Linux configuration, Apple Mac configuration, Windows domain principles and structure, systems and network security, network, and host security products such as firewalls, VPNs, and Virtual Machine environments.
- Experience with intrusion detection, security monitoring tools/technologies products such as anti-virus and anti-spyware systems and security tools such as vulnerability scanners, wireless network scanners, and packet sniffers a plus.
- Working knowledge of CISCO LAN/WAN technologies and protocols. Network+ and/or CCNA certifications preferred.
- Possess a solid understanding of FISMA, NIST and other guidance applicable to Federal information systems
- Active, or the ability to obtain, a security clearance at the ‘secret’ level is desired.
- Experience working with computer programming
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, strong customer service qualities, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be task and detail oriented and be able to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.