Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented IT SECURITY ENGINEER II to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The SSC Cybersecurity team at Stennis Space Center currently has an opening for a IT Security Engineer II at NASA’s SSC office in Stennis, MS. This is a great opportunity to be involved with NASA and the upcoming missions for the Space program. In this mission we will be supporting NASA through various cybersecurity efforts.
The applicant will be required to perform Cybersecurity duties on Linux and/or Windows Servers and workstations. System Security plan development, review, and auditing for multiple information technology systems. The applicant must be able to forecast schedule and perform risk management functions in relation to ongoing cybersecurity authorization efforts.
- Participate in security incident handling and response; and participate in the mitigation and remediation of security vulnerabilities affecting host workstations and servers.
- Monitor security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies, investigate and/or escalate security violations, and document and report events.
- Perform vulnerability scanning of networked devices and assist system owners in vulnerability mitigation.
- Assist System Administrators (SA) and System Owners (SO) in the development of System Security Plans (SSP) based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Publications.
- Conduct Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) activities to allow systems to obtain and maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Advise System Administrators (SA) and System Owners (SO) with accreditation activities, including risk assessments, contingency plan testing, security control reviews, Plan of Action, and Milestones (POA&M) tracking, and developing associated reports.
- Provide recommendations for proper controls and countermeasures based on the discovered vulnerabilities that are in compliance with Federal policies / mandates, standards, and guidelines, and best business practices for information assurance.
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the processes and work instructions related to information technology security related functions.
- Develop and present training materials to enhance the overall security awareness of site personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Security, computer science, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of experience in information systems security and/or network operations/support
- Must possess a solid understanding of IT Security including network and host security products such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, VPNs, anti-virus and anti-spyware systems and security tools such as vulnerability scanners, wireless network scanners, and packet analyzers
- Experience with Nessus, BigFix, FireEye HX, and/or Splunk a plus
- Possess a solid understanding of FISMA, NIST and other guidance applicable to Federal information systems
- Experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against FISMA and NIST guidelines
- Working knowledge of typical LAN/WAN technologies and protocols
- Possess active security clearance or have the ability to acquire same at the ‘secret’ level
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with computer programming
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, strong customer service qualities, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be task and detail oriented and be able to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.