Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Mid-Level UAS Integration Engineer to join the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) Joint Technology Center – Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) Tech Center team. This is an opportunity to work hands on with unmanned aircraft and ground control equipment with tremendous growth opportunity making a direct impact on the systems fielded to our Warfighters while expanding your systems integration skillset. Our team is full of highly motivated professionals and this position provides ample opportunities to gain hands on experience on a variety of UAS programs.
As an Integration Engineer on this team, you will perform system level installation, configuration, automation, test, and analysis on Red Hat Linux, Windows, and hypervisor-based environments with significant network equipment considerations.
In this role, candidates will:
- Work with software engineers, network engineers, and systems engineers to integrate commercial and government software applications into Operating Systems.
- Work within an Agile scrum development model producing full system installation images on a biweekly basis.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues on Linux operating systems including dependency issues, version compatibility, and installation bugs.
- Use scripting languages to develop automated software applications installation and configuration of operating systems using Bash, PowerShell, Java, and Python.
- Automate the creation and configuration of Virtual Machines as part of a global UAS system installation.
- Develop engineering technical material including but not limited to System Description Documents, Installation Guides, and Interface Control Documents.
Candidates must have the following:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience or 9+ years of relevant systems integration experience.
- Experience with operating systems engineering, network administration or system administration.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or PowerShell.
- Experience with general Internet and network troubleshooting.
- A strong understanding of general computing system architectures and virtual machines.
- Experience performing software installation and configuration.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security+ SE (or other IAT II base certificate).
The following qualifications are also desirable:
- Operating System certifications (e.g. Linux+ or Windows) are a plus.
- Experience with datacenter architectures (cluster computing, fault tolerant, or high availability system) is a plus.
- Experience writing technical documentation is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian workflow management software is a plus.
- Experience with software development or software test is a plus.
- Experience creating automated systems is a plus.
An Interim Secret Security Clearance is required to begin; Secret Security Clearance is required to maintain employment.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.