Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem-solver to serve as Test Engineer to support the continued development of a Thermal Protection System as part of the Nation’s leading Hypersonic Production Program conducted within Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions..
As an integral member of the TPS Production Team, the successful candidate will serve as Test Engineer with direct responsibility for all project related test activity. This position will balance multiple activities including but not limited to:
- Hardware qualification and acceptance testing to include materials, thermal, and environmental tests.
- Development, review, and approval of test procedures.
- Obtain, analyze, and report test data and results
- Investigate anomalous test outcomes and provide recommended problem resolution to the program team
- Serve as a liaison between engineering, test, quality, production, integration, and scheduling to ensure all needed prerequisites are in place to support test execution
- Coordinate with subcontracted test support providers to ensure test support activity successfully meets program objectives and remains on schedule
- Support assembly, integration, and test efforts across the program
- Travel to supplier sites and test facilities as required (20% - 30%)
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 10+ years or Master Degree with 8+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing test activity directly supporting Thermal Protection Systems production/integration for hypersonic vehicles or reentry systems.- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
Candidates with the following skills or experiences are desired and will be given additional consideration:
- Project management skills
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Experience working in manufacturing or production environment
U.S. Citizenship and a current Final Secret/SSBI Clearance is required with the ability to meet applicable program security eligibility requirements for the position. Candidate must meet the eligibility criteria to obtain and maintain a Final Top Secret Clearance along with maintaining program security eligibility.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.