Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Avionics Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position is in the Space Systems Division and will support a variety of government and commercial customers, including DoD and NASA. The selected candidate will Lead design and development of avionics systems in support of a program team developing small satellites and satellite payloads. Successful candidate will focus on analysis, modeling, and simulation of avionics systems, primarily related to space flight systems and hardware.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Candidate must have 10+ years direct experience in related role
- Candidate must have experience performing avionics system design, preferably for human-rated space applications, including design techniques, test development and execution, and requirements development and verification
- Candidate should have experience with high performance processing, GPUs, high speed interfaces, FPGAs, and System-on-Chip
- Candidate should have strong understanding of spaceflight hardware requirements including radiation tolerant and radiation hardened systems
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Preferred candidate will have a Master’s Degree or better in a related field
- Preference shown to candidates who have experience supporting DoD or NASA programs
- Proven ability to work well with cross-functional teams, showing excellent verbal and written communication skills, is preferred
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.